Monday, June 05, 2006

and Things (3 of 3 photo posts)

This is a watercolor my 17-year-old cousin, Katie, painted. She's amazingly talented.

I cheated on Max and Sophie while I was away. This is Monkeepuss. I missed my babies and he helped my feline-cravings.

The front porch in Tennessee.

My birthday cake(s). Note the purses. ;) I was sick for the last half of my birthday, so these had to wait for the next day.

I was thrilled to spot this billboard right before I left Nashville. Jamie (from Soulforce) had told me they'd be going up over the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful photos of happy people and happy places. Sorry you were ill, glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the photos, Christine, and I sent a link to the Soulforce staff so they could see the photo you took of the billboard. Nice job!

    And I laughed when I saw you used the word, "kin".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only a sign on the roadside, but a sign of confirmation for your 'rising up' journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jamie :)

    Of course, I should explain that when I was telling Jamie about all the convoluted first-cousin and first-cousin-once-removed, and second-cousins and all that stuff, he looked at me and said, "Well, out here I guess we just call it 'kin'!" ;)

    ReplyDelete