Thursday, February 28, 2008

Advocate of the Impossible

One of the pieces of art I showed at the Memphis Ex-Gay Survivor's Art Show was called "My House of Cards" and consisted of a huge number of collages on playing cards that together became a collapsed house of cards. The collages contain bits and pieces of my ex-gay story and encompass everything from the highs and hopes to the lows and the devastation, including some of the aftermath.

I've been thinking about posting some of the cards here on my blog periodically. Here's the first one. (A note: these cards reflect my experience only...your mileage my vary.)

Ooooh, this reminds me. If you check out bXg or read Peterson's blog (and really, who doesn't?) this is way old news, but anyway...there's video up of the press conference we held at the art show location on Friday. It's in 5 parts and all can be seen here (including some wonderful information about ex-gay issues by Jim Burroway of Box Turtle Bulletin and Jacob Wilson sharing for the first time ever his heart-wrenching Love In Action story). The gallery walk part is on video 5 (but I haven't seen it yet - can't stand watching myself on video. I am pretty sure there is footage of the house of cards piece). So check out all the video and the art show. Special thanks goes out to all the participants and to Dan Gonzales for his super videoing skills.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Christine. Just stopped by to say -- Love you! Thought you'd like to know! ;-)

    All the best!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill! (Which Bill are you? Bill in Florida? Missouri? I love all the Bills in my life...but curious if you are either of those Bills or another Bill altogether) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill in Missouri! :-)

    Still love you! (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete